Challenge #5 - Build A Bridge with Let's Build
This is our last post in a five part series of engineering projects to do at home. Do you have feedback? Ideas? Send to Liz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Today's challenge asks children to build a bridge strong enough to hold weight. As always, details are in the video below, materials and extensions are listed below that. Send photos of your children's work to email@example.com and I'll post on letsbuildengineering.org and social media.
**Make sure to watch the introductory post - especially if you're new to the engineering design process.**
* Construction or copy paper
* Card stock or index cards
* Straws or popsicle sticks (optional)
* Tape and scissors
* Weights - light, medium, heavy
* Two chairs (two feet apart) across which to build the bridge
* Greater distance
* More weight
* Build a tunnel bridge