Challenge #11 Olin College HOPPERS!
And welcome back. I apologize for the week long gap in content - these are strange times. I'm concluding this series of challenges with a very special engineering design challenge called Olin College Hoppers (a warm thank you to Olin professor Chris Lee for sharing this activity). Video is below - enjoy! This one is great for a rainy day!
Your challenge: Build a hopper - experiment with changes. How does the hop change with:
* More weight?
* Different lengths? Different widths?
* Different tension in your rubber band?
* Different thicknesses of rubber bands?
* More than one rubber band?
* Two pieces of foam board or cardboard - 2in x4in
* Rubber band(s)